The step by step process –
garages, carports and sheds
This is how a typical case would unfold.
- Examine the options detailed on this website
- Call to make an appointment with one of our friendly consultants to discuss your needs and to get an obligation-free quote.
After you accept our quote we can start on the plans and paperwork.
Along with your details and site address, we need to know which type of kit building you require, as well as the size, the roof and wall cladding type and colour, and details such as windows, doors, skylights and footings. (Your choice of footing type – see images on right – will affect the height to which we manufacture the columns. Extra costs will be incurred if you make a change after manufacturing has begun.)
- Statewide requires a non-refundable drafting deposit of $300 for working drawings and engineering documentation. This is not an extra. It is part of the total price, but must be paid before work can begin.
- To prepare plans we need the following from you:
- Copy of title and a sketch of your site. The sketch should include the location and dimensions of the proposed building and any existing buildings
- The soil test, if a slab is required
- Location and setback from the front and side boundaries for the proposed building
- Location of stormwater drainage and connection points
- You will need to submit the plans to the local Council for approval.
- After Council approval, a detailed contract is signed and you will need to pay 30% of the full price so that production can start.
- This process takes place in our Hobart factory and takes 6 to 8 weeks.
- The balance of your contract price is due two weeks before delivery or pick-up.
- We will advise you of an anticipated completion date at the time of placing your order, and we will give you a final date when your flatpack garage, carport or shed is nearing completion.
See our Garage/Carport range.